Terry Toffelmire's Blog

For all my friends and family, here is a place where you can go to catch up with my life... and for me to post pictures.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Paddling on the Red Deer river...

Last weekend Colin, Jinny, Jinny's dad, my dad, Tim and I went for a canoe trip on the Red Deer river. We started at Dinasaur provincial park, which, if you live in Alberta and haven't visited, you really should. Not all great things are west of Calgary...

As we started the trip and looked at the distance and the speed at which we were floating with very little effort, we realized that we would never make this a 3 day trip, and would have to be pretty lazy to make it into a 2 day trip. We proved though that we were up to the challenge and spent much time lazing about in the canoes, and taking shore breaks to go exploring.




After canoeing we spent a night at Dinasaur provincial park. The next day we went on a guided hike to a dig site.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home